CHM@LOGAN day 2 of the EXTREME GARDEN MAKEROVER IS HERE!!!!!!
The Garden Committee with the help of students, parents, teachers and friends will be working to complete the needed groundwork for the gardens. We are asking for donations of light refreshments for the workers (water, juice, snacks, ect.). Please bring personal tools if you have them: shovels, gloves, rakes, wheelbarrows, power drills. And to come out with the kid’s even if only for an hour or just to cheer the workers on!
When: Saturday April 14, 2012
Where: Front Yard
Time: From 1- 4 p.m. (you are free to come earlier)
*we are working rain or sunshine
Garden Day Agenda
- Prepare ground for out door classroom
- Set up out door classroom (heavy lifting required)
- Clean up side yard
- Build 8 raised beds (on grass area)
- Rake and level front lawn for planting
- Plant grass seeds
- Install water system
- Plant vegetable seeds
- Building trellises (if time permits or if it rains)
- Relocate a plant bed from the front lawn
FOOD CORPS (http://foodcorps.org/) will be on hand to assist with the building of the raised beds.
Please sign up if you plan to come.
The Garden Committee