Mr. Webber, our wonderful Librarian is working with the school, the Library Committee, and the community to build our library. Here are ways you can help:
1. Donate money to our library. Please make your checks out to the CHM@L PTSO, memo line: Library
2. Mr. Webber’s wish list on http://www.amazon.com (under Michael.email@example.com or “Capitol Hill Montessori School Library” — you choose a book or item from the list, put it in your cart and when you select address in the checkout, please select Mr. Webber’s address. The books will be sent directly to the school. Keep your amazon.com receipt for your itemized deductions (please check with your accountant regarding this). Here is the link to the wish list.
You can donate any amount toward this project and your donation is again tax-deductible.
Thank you so much for helping us create a wonderful library for our students!
Over the years, Mr. Webber has collected websites that he has found useful to students and parents. He shares this list of links with us below:
- Encyclopedia Britannica http://school.eb.com The online version of Encyclopedia Britannica, with web links, video, and more. Requires password. User name: dcps Password: library
- Slime Kids www.slimekids.com: Kid-friendly search engines, online reference, author links, etc.
- DC Public Library dclibrary.org/kids: Anyone with a DCPL library card has access to a plethora of databases and video story books, as well as online homework help.
- Fact Monster http://factmonster.com: Excellent online almanac.
- Infotopia www.infotopia.info: Kid-friendly search engine
- Bookspot www.bookspot.com/readinglists/: Links to many recommended reading lists, including “if you liked…” and “what do I read next?” lists.