How to Become a DCPS Volunteer
CHML encourages all parents to volunteer with students. Volunteers who work directly with students on a regular basis or have the potential to be alone with a student are required to complete the DCPS volunteer clearance process.
Becoming a volunteer easy! Here are the steps:
- Get a TB test (you can do this at a minute clinic or your doctor);
- Get the TB test read – by the minute clinic, your doctor, or Nurse Daniels, ourschool nurse. The TB test must be read within 48 to 72 hours of the test so set up the reading. You can reach her at (202) 698-3797 to coordinate with her. Her office hours are 8-4:30, Wednesday thru Friday. You should get a slip from the person who did the TB test so be sure to bring that with you to have it signed by the person who reads your TB test.
- Complete the online finger print application or complete it at the DCPS Central office online. The form is here – https://octo.quickbase.com/d
- Get fingerprinted at DCPS Central office at 1200 First Street NE, 10th floor. Bring an Id and your TB results verification. The office is open at 8am -5pm on Monday thru Thursday and 8am to 3pm on Fridays.
- You will get an email 1 to 2 weeks confirming you as an official school volunteer a
nd take that paper to the school. Your approval is good for two years!
More information is available here http://dcps.dc.gov/page/v