Ms. Moore is graciously offering to stay late to help facilitate enrollment. Please see the dates below for each teacher.
DCPS Enrollment Packet
Enrollment packets for school year 2013-2014 were sent to student homes via mail starting March 25th. The complete packet including all supporting forms can be located online at the DCPS website. Translations will be available in Spanish, French, Chinese, Vietnamese, Amharic and Korean. This year, we have made some visual changes to a few forms, but the content has not changed. Registrars were trained on the content at the March 19, 2013 Registrars’ Academy. Enrollment for SY13-14 began April 1, 2013. Accepted students who applied through the Out of Boundary Lottery or the High School Application must submit their forms by May 1, 2013, or risk forfeiting their seat to students on the waitlist.
Ms. Smith-Moore has scheduled extended office hours to support registration for the upcoming school year.
Freer Tuesday April 23rd 4 -6 pm
Bennett Thursday April 25th 4-6 pm
Couts Tuesday April 30th 4-6 pm
Kaufman-Relph Thursday May 2nd 4-6 pm
Lee Tuesday May 7th 4-6 pm
Garrison Thursday May 9th 4-6 pm
Kimboko Tuesday May 14th 4-6 pm
Flannery Thursday May 16th 4-6 pm
Henderson Tuesday May 21st 4-6 pm A-H***
Henderson Thursday May 23rd 4-6 pm I-Z***
DCPS Residency Update
New for 2013 – 2014, by law, all parents must sign the residency verification form completed by the registrar. Similar to SY12-13, schools will also need to copy all documentation provided for proving residency. Parents can “opt out” of making copies by signing the OSSE Residency Opt-Out Form. All Registrars were trained on this content at the March 19, 2013 Registrars’ Academy. Proof of student residency for all registered students is the basis for counting total enrollment in a school building.
Out of Boundary Lottery
Congratulations to all of the parents of students who have been accepted to CHM for the 2013-2014 school year. We have a waitlist of 812 students! For the families that were accepted you still have additional requirements before your child is officially enrolled.
- · April 1: Lottery results will be mailed to the parent/guardian address listed on the application. Applicants who received a seat through the lottery will receive the enrollment packet along with their results letter.
- · May 1: Deadline for applicants who received a seat to submit completed enrollment forms to the school where they received the seat.
- · Mandatory Observation for parents of New Students - Mandatory Observation (Tues and Thurs) (March and April)
Guidelines for the Observation:
*All prospective parents are expected to arrive by 9am
*Parents will view an 11-13 minute video before observation
*30 minute classroom observation will be scheduled by the Primary Teachers
- · Mandatory Silent Journey and Discovery of Materials: May 15th-16th 6pm – 7:30; both nights. (Childcare will be provided). Parents are not allowed to switch nights with their spouse. The parent that attends the first evening must attend the second evening.
- · Mandatory New Parent Orientation: June 6th 6pm-7:30pm (Childcare will be provided)