TRAFFIC SAFETY PLAN
Be Safe. Be Courteous. Be Patient.
As a new school year begins, we would like to take the opportunity to inform everyone of our new drop-off and parking procedures. If everyone can observe these few points, we will keep our children safe and preserve our friendly relationship with our neighbors. Please follow the following rules:
- Please observe the No Parking Zone immediately in front of the school building on G Street NE (as shown on the map on the next page). Dropping off students is allowed in this area, but only if the driver remains in the vehicle at all times and leaves after the child exits the vehicle.
- If you need to park to walk your student into the school, please find a safe and legal parking space. There will be two 15-minute parking zones as shown on the map on the next page. One will be on 3rd Street NE adjacent to the school building and the other will be on G Street adjacent to the school parking lot (just past the No Parking Zone).
- When dropping off students, make sure to pull all the way up to the curb and let your children out on the school side of the street.
- Never stop in the traffic lane to drop off or pick up anyone.
- Do not make U-turns near the school.
- Do not block fire hydrants, driveways, mail boxes or trash collection receptacles.
- Obey the speed limit and cell phone laws!
- Be polite to other drivers and children.
- Teach your children to respect our neighborhood’s private property.
- All pedestrians/bike riders use the crosswalks or cross at intersections only.
Ways to relieve traffic congestion near the school:
- Students who live nearby should walk or ride bikes.
- Park near the school and walk the rest of the way.
- Ride share or use public transportation.
- Leave a few minutes early to allow plenty of time before drop-off and pick-up times. Give your children their money, school papers, and hugs and kisses before they get to school.
These rules are imposed for the safety our students and apply to every parent.
Let’s keep students safe during drop-off and pick-up!